Monday, July 27

scenes from my weekend

someone from my family thought of eating goat meat for sunday lunch and invited everyone so we had a family gathering last weekend. it was a nice time to catch up with each other's lives. a cousin is graduating this year from a nursing course. an uncle brought home his nikon d700 and let me take some shots.he also gave me some tips on long exposure, aperture and stuff. another cousin whose into science class in highschool has a thesis --hell yeah-- on making bamboo shoot as a food supplement. muntik ng dumanak ang dugo when she started talking about chemical analysis, capsules and microwave.and then the talk shifted to her preferred course in college. intarmed in up manila.nothing but.

we had caldereta, pinapaitan, kilawin and my favorite: sinampalukang ulo.downed with mugs of red horse. in the middle of all this, i noticed my 11 year old cousin who wasnt touching any of the dishes except for the pork barbecue. i asked him why, and this was his reply:

"a goat is not one of my pets. i only eat my pets, ya know."

like dogs and cats?

"yeah."

i dunno where he got that line, but it sure made me laughing so hard! haha.

oh, and by the way, he is already a freshman in a public high school. got accelerated twice in grade school. he shares the same genes with my bamboo-shoot-food-supplement-intarmed-in-the-making cousin. he did magic tricks when he was done eating, and announced to the world later on that he already has a girlfriend.

"not a geek after all, yeah?," was what his dad could only say.

to which an uncle countered, "alam ba niya rafael?"

adeeeek! =)

anyhoo, we watched transformers after lunch. and while we were still setting up the dvd, i asked him if he's already watched kung fu panda. he said yes and dragged me to their kitchen. showed me their cupboard. in one of his mom's tupperwares, he made this label:

kung fu panda's secret ingredient

"you know what the secret ingredient is, ate kat? nothing."

he's still a kid after all.


0 shout-outs: