Monday, May 12

my dawg.

Cofi is missing.


For friends who are following this blog (naks yabang!), cofi is my sister’s dog whom I had a blood compact with. Usually, when I come home from Ecija, he, together with zig and pucca would greet me at the gate. And since cofi is the biggest, he’d run up to me and climb all over and lick and well… the result is drool. And marks all over my arms or where there isn’t clothing to protect me from his claws. When he gets too excited for the treats I bring home, he’d try to snatch them away from my fingers and well… if not for my good reflexes, I would have been missing several fingers by now.


But then, cofi can be sweet too. He’d hang out in our kitchen, waiting until food is prepared. When he sees me eating, he’d approach me and lick my feet… that’s his way of making lambing… he stays there until you drop some of your food for him. Sometimes he can be my food taster. I remember this one time, I stayed up late at night experimenting on a pasta dish. Since mom’s already snoring loudly (she “barks” at cofi when she sees him inside the house, hehe), I let him in and kept me company while I was pouring too much garlic powder and basil to the pasta. Id give him a piece of cheese once in a while for staying with me. When the pasta was ready at half past midnight, I gave him a big scoop and he wolfed it down for a split second and there he was again, with eyes pleading that Id give him more. That kind of lifted up my spirits that hey, my dog loves it so it must taste damn good.haha. never mind that he can act like a patay-gutom dog sometimes. Basta what’s important is, someone appreciated what a frustrated cook accomplished. Cofi also kind of saved zig’s life. When I was in Mindanao, Karen told me zig’s got a problem with his left eye. It got infected and well, she’s my mother’s daughter so “it got bloated and there was blood all over and then after that, too much muta!” cofi licked all of that as if it were icing on a cake. So my mother’s daughter concluded: “if not for cofi’s licking power ur zig would have been dead!” fine.


When I came home last weekend, I was hoping to be mobbed by the three dogs. But then, there was only zig and pucca. No signs of cofi. I asked my mom about him and I didn’t expect what she said. “He’s been missing since thusday.” Freaking hell! It was already Saturday! We asked around but the neighbors told us vague responses. And yeah, some of the neighbors are fucking dog eaters. But hey, maybe he’s just gone off trying to make ligaw to some bitch, huh? Cofi is one big pervert sometimes that he’d even hit on pucca whose a freaking disabled dog. On Sunday while having dinner, mom, who was usually mean to the dogs, blurted out “Nakaka-miss naman si cofi…” awwww..


We are still waiting for him to come home. Am hoping he’d realize a hot, home cooked pasta is better than a female dog in heat.


I so freaking hope he’s still alive…

0 shout-outs: